- M.A.Y.O.’s video series for ProPublica, “Breaking the the Black Box” was honored as a Pulitzer Prize Finalist.
- M.A.Y.O. was recently selected to be a part of the 2017 Creators Program where they'll be developing and pitching scripted and unscripted content to networks.
The Creators Program has been announced and we're ready to kick things off tomorrow! We're so diverse we even have astronauts. . . . We selected 12 creators/teams & teams working in #TV and #newmedia to join us for 3 exciting months of development and pitch opportunities in 2017. THE VIBE: picture summer camp for adults who want to create awesome shit and get rich. Seriously. We mean it. It's going to be awesome. Link in bio. ⚡️⚡️⚡️ #filmmaking #creating #creators #webseries #transmedia #bigvision #diversitymatters #kickstartdiversity
- "Mirror of the Larks" M.A.Y.O.'s upcoming feature film has been selected as a recipient of the Kickstart Diversity program.
- M.A.Y.O.’s video series for ProPublica, “Breaking the the Black Box” was honored with an Award of Excellence by The Society for News Design.
- Okayplayer premieres the “Geek to the Beat” music video and Kanye West proclaims it “super dope”
Curators, Suzana Diamond and Aniko Berman, invited M.A.Y.O. to show "Bathtub Epilogue" in the group show, "Mind Your Figure" in New York City.
- M.A.Y.O. was selected to show "Bathtub Epilogue" in the group show, "Heed the Machine, Illustrious" at the abandoned, St. Cecilia's Convent in Greenpoint, New York.
- Director’s Notes interviews M.A.Y.O. about “Bathtub”.
- M.A.Y.O. wins an MTV Movie Award for its music videos and shorts at the 2008 MTV Movie Awards.
- Pitchfork premieres “Money in the Afterlife” music video.
- “Bathtub” is an official selection at SXSW 2008 and headlines the Experimental Shorts Program.
- MTV2 Subterranean Blog gives a shout out to the “Money in the Afterlife” music video.